It’s the start of a new year. Have you made any New Year’s resolutions for 2017?
A New Year resolution is a promise or a goal that we set ourselves for the new year. For example, this year I decided to eat more healthily and get more exercise (so far, I’m doing very badly!). New Year’s resolutions are very common in the West. Here is a list of the ten most popular resolutions for 2017 that people made in America*:
- Lose weight/healthier eating
- Life/self improvements
- Make better financial decisions
- Quit smoking
- Do more exciting things
- Spend more time with family/close friends
- Exercise more often
- Learn something new on my own
- Do more good deeds for others
- Find the love of my life
Have you ever made any of these New Year’s resolutions? Which one do you want to try in the future?